Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Spring onion tofu paratha

Being vegetarian, Tofu is my first choice for Chinese dishes. I am also attracted to tofu bcs of it nutritious value. I always want to use tofu, in some Indian way. Then I got this paratha recipe from one of my friend. But as always I did some variation, I add spring onion to add some crunch in parathas. I use soft silken tofu, so it can be mixed easily and makes paratha soft.

Ingredients
Whole wheat flour
3-4 tbsp coarse suji (cream of wheat)
200 gm tofu(soft, silken)
7-8 spring onion (finely chopped)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp ginger chili paste
1 to 2 tbsp til (sesame seeds)
oil for cooking
salt as per taste
spices
red chili powder
coriander powder
turmeric powder

Take one big bowl and put some whole wheat flour and suji. Add all the spices,spring onion,onion, ginger chili salt in the flour. Add all the spices, as per your taste. As such tofu has no taste.Finally add the tofu in the flour. Start kneading the dough, If you feel dough is too soft, add some more wheat flour. Add the salt as per taste. Knead the dough without water or with very little water.

Divide the dough in 10-12 equal portion. Roll out one portion on flat surface into approx 100 mm circle. Use wheat flour for dusting. Cook both the side with little oil till golden brown.

Serve hot with tomato chutney, dahi or raita.

No comments: